Are you an experienced SEN Teacher of Mathematics, or an accomplished mainstream Teacher looking to utilise their passion and experience within a challenging SEN arena?
Pertemps are partnered with a brand new Independant SEN School looking for a Maths teacher to work full time with students with challenging behaviour (SEMH) and complex learning difficulties. This school is based near Leatherhead; EMH school providing an access to education for mixed groups between ages 11-16. Their value and vision is to create, adapt, and implement functional curricula necessary to meet the diverse individual needs of their student population and increase their current and future independence.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver Key Stage 3 and 4 Maths to students with challenging behaviour. At this school they are dedicated to meeting the academic, behavioural, therapeutic, and vocational needs of their students. Progression and staff development is offered on all levels at this school. They place an extremely high value on training staff and rewarding them with responsibility. Candidates who are tenacious and believe in supporting students in their learning will be perfect for this SEMH School.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified Teacher status
- Thorough working knowledge of the curriculum and how to adapt this for pupils with SEN
- Experience of working with young people with ASD, SEMH and complex needs
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Ability to create and maintain nurturing relationships with young people
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to learning, to include the students with anxiety and ASD/SEMH.
- Knowledge of strategies and visual teaching methods to engage reluctant learners important.
- A flexible approach and a high level creativity
- Experience delivering KS3-5/late primary curriculum.
Be part of our successful team and also benefit from a generous package that includes:
- Life assurance
- Teachers' Pension
- Perkbox - offering high street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Car lease scheme
- Fully funded training and qualifications
- Bike to work scheme
- Free membership to our Health cash back plan - Claim back money on services such as dental, optical, physio and many more.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join a small team of staff that understand just how important it is to work as a team, work as a unit, and make the most out of every day alongside pupils in which anything can go wrong! The school is mindful of their rural surroundings, and exercise regular school trips, local visits, and combination activities with other neighbour provisions (swimming, climbing, mountaineering etc) At this point, we are able to organise immediate informal visits & interviews at the school for Pertemps selected candidates.
Our ideal candidate would be available as soon as possible to visit the school and speak with their senior leadership informally, without prep or interview. Following this, we would expect a full vetting completed over the summer holidays in order to commence a September starting date i.e. aquire references, up to date DBS certificate etc.
The role can either be an Agency Long Term position, or begin as a Temp to Perm Contract. This means you will start on an extremely compeitive & inflated agency weekly rate of pay, for typically 12 weeks, followed by joining the school directly on salary. At the provisions discression, they will consider an immediate Permanent start in September for the right applicant.
All successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our Specialist Consultant Branden within a 24 hour period. Thank you!