We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within a Reablement team.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have at least 2 years experience with an occupational therapist role.
In your role, your main duties will be to:
- assess the needs of ill and disabled clients for the provision of material assistance such as equipment or adaptations and determine the nature and extent of adaptations in relation to diagnosis and prognosis.
- Provide appropriate information and advice.
- Provide assessments for clients returning from hospital, residential or nursing homes and provide equipment to facilitate discharge.
- If needed, obtain funding from other agencies such as charities, NHS and other Social Services Teams
- Check plans in liaison with architects, Home Improvement Agencies, Housing Departments and clients to ensure best outcome and approve plans for further processing.
- Liaise with other agencies such as Housing, NHS, voluntary organisations to ensure information dissemination is maximised.
- Negotiate with clients and agencies about the most appropriate way to provide adaptations having regard to budgetary needs.
- Check that completed adaptations meet the assessed need and if appropriate provide equipment to enable best use of the adaptations.
- Assess for equipment provision when this can alleviate the effects of disability.
- Keep abreast of developments within the Occupational Therapy equipment field and when appropriate arrange visits to client’s homes by company representatives to ensure correct equipment is purchased.
- Keep abreast of specialist knowledge related to moving and handling techniques and other developments within the Occupatioal Therapy field to enable the teaching and supervision of care staff.
- Assess clients for potential rehabilitation and refer to the relevant agency.
For more information about this role, or to find out about other available occupational therapist roles, please contact email@example.com or call 07435 787863