Job Title: Social Worker
Location: Poole, Dorset
Pay rate: up to £42 per hour
Contract: Temporary - Full time Mon-Fri
Long term locum Social Workers wanted within our improving Children and Families First teams, which hold CIN, CP and proceedings cases.
Manageable caseloads and regular supervision is standard. The team has high morale and you will have the satisfaction of being part of a noticeably improving authority.
- Social work experience in local government, voluntary or independent sector
- Direct experience of working with relevant client groups, especially those from different racial & cultural backgrounds
- Ability to initiate, draft & produce reports
- Ability to deal with / record casework, communicate effectively with client groups & professionals in order to assess client needs
- Ability to attend & organise case conferences & reviews for the purpose of assessing & monitoring the development of service users
- Ability to develop person-centred care plans
- Ability to deal with conflict and complaints
- Ability to participate within a duty team framework
- Knowledge of relevant statutory social work legislation
- Knowledge of the issues relating to the well-being of service users covering a wide range of clients
- Must be registered with the GSCC
Minimum Health and & Safety Knowledge Required
Demonstrable basic health and safety knowledge relevant to the job, according to Section 7 HSWA and Council policy.
Personal Protective Equipment
N/A. Must be suitably dressed.
*This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, 1974. If the worker has access to children, young people under 18 and/or vulnerable adults then a CRB check and DoH check are required.
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
- Friendly and dedicated consultant with expert knowledge
- Access to a wide variety of roles across England and Wales
- Access to roles exclusive to Pertemps
- Quick and simple online application process with **free DBS**
- Up to £300 Refer a Friend scheme
- Ongoing compliance managed for you
- Prompt and reliable weekly payroll
For more information on this role please contact Kaye on 07435787863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org