Job Title: Advanced Social Worker - Children's Assessment
Location: South Gloucestershire
Pay Rate: £35 per hour
Contract: Temporary, 40 paid hours per week
***Must have recent children's safeguarding experience within the last 2 years as an essential requirement***
Duty rota system. Mainly working from home with visits being made where required / appropriate. For those living further than 40 miles as the crow flies from BS37 5AF then a daily allowance of £30 applies towards travel and accommodation on the days you either travel to South Gloucestershire or stay in the area for the role. Working from home remains per council and governmental guidance for the foreseeable future but you will at some point, need to be able to work from the region. This is in addition to normal permissible mileage expenses for visits.
About the Role
Working in a team in either Access and Response Team, Social Care Long Term, or Corporate Parenting, under the supervision of the Team Manager, the post holder will be a key member of an integrated child care team delivering a high quality service to vulnerable children in need, children who are looked after and placed in public care and children who need safeguarding.
The post holder will hold a child care case-load particularly focussed upon those cases where complex and sensitive issues are at stake which require a service response from an experienced, knowledgeable and skilled social work practitioner.
Working in a multi-agency context, the post holder will ensure vulnerable children and young people are identified, protected and supported to achieve positive outcomes through the provision of well planned, integrated and coordinated services. This will include organising, chairing and participating in meetings with a wide range of other agencies and disciplines to ensure that an effective and holistic service response is provided.
The post holder will hold responsibility for a specific area of work or expertise within the team where prescribed by the Team Manager.
S/he will maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant child and associated legislation, policy practice and research developments both to inform practice and to contribute to the development of quality services within the team.
Under the guidance of the Team Leader and the Senior Social Worker, the post holder will provide mentoring/consultation to an integrated team of professional child care staff, ensuring that a good standard is maintained within the context of legislative requirements, Council and Departmental policies and procedures.
S/he will ensure that case records and general administration duties are maintained to a high standard that fully aligns with departmental requirements so that work can regularly be reviewed.
The post holder will participate in staff development programmes and will provide support for students and newly qualified social workers as directed by the Team Leader.
Physical Effort and Working Environment (other than in a normal office environment)
Regular visits to the homes of service users with occasional visits to a range of settings.
About the team
The post holder will work in the Social Care section in one of the following areas:
- Access and Response – working within two areas covering managing initial preventative and social care contacts for the Integrated Children’s Service and screening and assessment including Child Protection investigations.
- Social Care Long Term – working in one of four locality teams (two north and two south) covering Child Protection and Children in Need.
- Corporate Parenting – working in one of three teams:
- Looked After Children - Manages all children in care work and care leaver cases.
- Fostering and Adoption - Recruitment, assessment and support of foster carers and adopters; assisting in family finding and matching of children and young people who need to be cared for outside of their family of origin.
- Transition to Independence Service – Supporting children who are leaving care and other vulnerable young people
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
- Friendly and dedicated consultant with expert knowledge
- Access to a wide variety of roles across England and Wales
- Access to roles exclusive to Pertemps
- Quick and simple online application process with **free DBS**
- Up to £300 Refer a Friend scheme
- Ongoing compliance managed for you
- Prompt and reliable weekly payroll
For more information on this role please contact Kaye on 07435787863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org