Service Manager (Interim)
Adult Social Care, Adults’ Directorate,
Reports to: Assistant Director
Pay Rate - £44p/h
Mon - Fri, 35 hours per week
We are looking for experienced and passionate Service Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the relevant teams, ensuring the delivery of a high quality and systematically informed social work service within developing Council practice framework. This will include promoting and governing excellent social work practice across the service, ensuring purposeful work with citizens, families, support networks and other professionals to ensure assessments are strengths based, citizens are safeguarded, and outcomes are improved.
You will ensure the delivery of a social work service which is both relationship-based and responsive to the needs of citizens and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines and duties. You will ensure the development of a culture of learning and improvement. You will manage teams/services as determined by the assistant director and could be responsible and/or be the lead for specific elements of the safeguarding services and undertake work directly relating to Safeguarding.
The key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
● Ensure the delivery of the Care Act 2014 statutory functions, alongside other related legislation such as the Mental Capacity Act 2005, Mental Health Act 1983 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
● Maintain own continuous professional development and that of the service through appropriate training, learning and research opportunities
● Build effective strategic partnerships with professional agencies and ensure staff within the service work purposefully with other agencies to promote an effective social work framework
● Promote and create opportunities to modernize and integrate services to deliver better outcomes and maximize use of resources, in order to enable an integrated approach to service delivery
● Ensure purposeful outcome-focused work with other agencies, which takes account of the views of other professionals and recognizes where patterns of relationships between professionals may compromise the welfare or safety of citizens and families. Intervene when necessary to deliver on the statutory responsibilities of the service and when escalation is required.
● Contribute to the design and implementation of service development, taking into account the views of stakeholders, drawing on practice knowledge and expertise, data and research findings and by monitoring key performance areas
● Present complex information both in writing and in person in a range of settings, including with partners, courts and the senior leadership team as requested by the Assistant Director
● Audit, evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to relevant policies and procedures in line with developing legislation and good practice guidance.
● Ensure a culture of continuous learning is developed and embedded within the department and wider council and partners in relation to best practice.
● Oversee practice and performance to achieve high quality outcomes for citizens and their families, ensuring standards and performance indicators are met, procedures are followed, agreed timescales are adhered to and that the safety of citizens remains the highest priority across the service.
● Manage Team and leading on this with Health colleagues and other stakeholders/partners to establish new models of care/services.
● Maintaining effective systems for monitoring, reviewing, auditing, and evaluating staff within clear service objectives through regular performance activities, ensuring effective professional social work supervision is in place.
● Ensure decision-making is based on observation and analysis which explores a wide range of citizen, family and professional contexts, and that risks are identified and managed
● Ensure the social work professional quality standards are implemented, taking responsibility for quality assurance and implementation of audit procedures.
● Ensure delivery of an effective escalation process where social work/social care issues need addressing, including liaison with other Councils and partners
● Provide a supervision context of high support with high challenge with Team Managers to ensure effective and emotionally intelligent supervision with staff, both individually and in group settings. Adapt management and leadership style to build confidence and emotional resilience within the service in addition to shaping and influencing a professional environment which enables practice excellence.
● Represent the Council at multi-agency meetings and act as Chair in professional meetings, including residential and nursing panel
● Through leadership and management of the Team Managers, ensure the service delivers purposeful, systematically-informed social work practice within a social work practice framework, which empowers citizens and families to make positive changes, with explicit aims and objectives about desired outcomes which are proportionate to each citizen’s identified risk and need
● Ensure that within the service there is a balance of intervention and collaborative engagement to ensure the best long term outcomes for citizens and families
● Be part of the Service Manager on call rota.
● Be part of the DOLS authorisers Rota
● Respond to complaints, councillor enquiries and LGO investigations as required
● Undertake the role flexibly across different parts of the INT/Safeguarding services as dictated by service need/Assistant Director.
● Must possess a Social Work qualification
● Registration with SWE
● Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
This is an agency post and Pertemps can offer you:-
Dedicated consultant who has access to all roles across the UK and is available for you to speak to, easy registration process, referral schemes and incentives, ongoing compliance managed for you, prompt and reliable payroll and lots more.
This role is ideally located for those travelling from Bolton, Bury , Oldham, Trafford, Ashton under Lyne, Macclesfield, Warrington, Wigan, Manchester, Huddersfield, St Helen, Widnes, Altrincham, Middleton, Urmston, Irlam, Stretford, Eccles, Salford, Stockport, Longsight, Bradford, Chester, Runcorn, Wirral, Rochdale, Liverpool, Skelmersdale, Cheadle, Leigh, Blackburn, Preston, Partington, Openshaw and Wythenshawe.